Finally, the temperatures seem to be warming up and staying warm as we finish the ninth week of construction on the Parking Lot Improvements.
This past week, the following work was performed:
- Concrete was poured around the planters along the northwest side of the parking lot
- Sidewalks placed behind the curb along the businesses
- Saw cutting the joints in the new concrete was completed
- Bases for the bollards were installed
- Grading and preparation of the gravel base material was done
The Contractor is planning to work on the following items next week, May 17, 2021:
- Finish grading the parking lot gravel base material
- Asphalt paving of the 1st course of asphalt is tentatively planned for Tuesday, May 18
- Additional concrete work
- Electrical work
- Install precast concrete bases for the seat walls
Please do not try to move barricades over the weekend or try to park in the parking lot. The parking lot is closed. All work planned is weather dependent, but the Contractor is still on schedule to be complete in late June 2021.