Water main installation along Herrington, Chandler and in the US-131 easement continued this week. Dykema’s first crew finished installing water main through the swamp area in Chandler, has turned the corner and is now working their way eastward toward Herrington. See project status map.
The second crew is working northward along Herrington and is nearly to the cul-de-sac. Water main installation in Herrington should be complete by the end of this week.
Dykema’s subcontractor, Marksman Construction, completed the bore and jack under northbound US-131 earlier this week. Dykema’s third crew has been working on installing the water main in the US-131 right-of-way and in the private easements west of Herrington. The water main crossing the highway and in the easement should be finished by late this week or early next week.
What to Expect Next Week (May 18 – 23)
- Dykema will be down to one or two crews next week and will be working to finish the water main along Chandler west of Herrington.
- Dykema will be working with the Plainfield Water Department to fill with water, pressure test and disinfect the first section of water main along Chandler, from Shining Tree up to the curve at the highway.
- Dykema might begin road reconstruction through the Chandler “swamp” late next week. When they do this road work, Chandler Drive will be closed to all traffic.
- During last half of May
- Finish water main along Chandler, Herrington, and across US-131; water main testing; water service stub installation.
- During first half of June
- Water main testing; water service stub installation; paving and lawn restoration along Chandler; restoration in private easement and US-131 right-of-way
- During last half of June
- Paving and lawn restoration along Herrington
- July 3
- Project Completion
- Note: Dates are subject to change.