We are preparing to begin some needed improvements to the buried and paved infrastructure in the City of Whitehall. Work will begin next week and will last through most of the summer and be complete before Labor Day. However, select areas will be done sooner. Here is a quick summary of locations that will be improved:
- East Collier near Robinwood – New storm pipe and new pavement
- West Collier – New storm drainage system and new water main and new pavement
- Country Club from Lake Street up the walk and the roadway to Gee Street – New storm drainage and new pavement
- Carleton – New storm drainage system and new pavement
The storm drains in this area will be complete and functional by early June, 2020. The new water main in West Collier will be complete by the end of June, 2020. Pavement will be done in July, 2020.
Then, the work will progress to several other areas that will be resurfaced with new pavement:
- Baldwin Street between Colby and Spring Streets
- Baldwin Street between Elliott and Alice Streets
- Mohawk Street
- Alice Street between Mears Avenue and Division Street
- Benston Road between Mears Avenue and just east of Division Street
This work will take place in July and August 2020.
Here is what to expect next week (May 18 – 23):
- On Monday, May 18, the contractor will move in their equipment into town. They will be using the south end of Gee Park for staging equipment and materials. This will be restored when they are done.
- On Tuesday, May 19, Lake Street will be closed at the bottom of the Country Club hill for the installation of a new storm outlet into White Lake.
- De-watering of this area will begin to make a dry excavation for the installation of the storm system.
- New structures and pipe will be installed from the outlet in White Lake, to up the Country Club walking path.
- Pavement will be removed on Collier, Country Club and Carleton.
- Hopefully, Lake Street will be reopened with gravel by the end of the day Friday, May 22 (the beginning of Memorial Day Weekend).
All construction should be complete by September 1, 2020, but please remember that all of the work is weather dependent.
The contractor will work with the US Post Office and local garbage haulers to ensure that mail gets delivered and refuse is picked up on the scheduled day. Please do not hesitate to contact me if there are any issues with either.