Bultsma has been working all week on water main installation along Sir Charles. They are on schedule to have all the water main for the project installed by the end of this week, depending on weather. See status map.
It is possible that concrete driveway replacement begins late this week. After concrete is poured, you should wait at least 4-5 days before you drive on the new concrete.
What to Expect Next Week (May 18 – 23)
- Plainfield’s Water Department will be working with Bultsma to fill with water, pressure test, and disinfect the “north half” (water main in Sir Charles and north).
- Bultsma will begin installing water service stubs in the “south half” (all homes south of Sir Charles) while the “north half” is being tested. Water services will be installed at this time from the water main to the right-of-way line. Bultsma will install the stub at the location residents marked for the water service.
- Concrete driveway replacement will continue.
- Water main should be completely installed.
- End of May
- All water main should be installed and tested; Installation of water service stub should be underway.
- Water services ready for private connects; Restoration and project completion.
- *Note: Timeline dates are subject to change.