The beautiful weather this week led to a lot of productive progress on the North Mears Parking Lot Improvements project. The new asphalt makes it oh so tempting to park back there, but please know there are a lot of exposed dangers back there and the base course is still very fragile. Please refrain from parking in the parking lot until it is fully opened.
This past week, the following work was performed:
- Additional concrete was poured bringing the total complete to approximately 90%
- Asphalt base course was placed
- All but 2 of the light poles have been installed
- Stone base material for the seat walls have been installed around the fireplace
The Contractor plans to work on the following items next week, May 24:
- Finish the remainder of the concrete
- Work on irrigation system, landscaping and restoration in planting areas
- Masonry work on the seat-walls
Please do not try to move barricades over the weekend or try to park in the parking lot. The parking lot is closed. All work planned is weather dependent, but the Contractor is still on schedule to be complete in late June 2021.