Water main installation continued this week along Chandler and in the US-131 easement. In Chandler, the water main is installed to approximately Terrie Lynn Drive and continues eastward. See project status map.
Water main installation in Herrington is complete except for the two road crossings at Rolling Meadow Drive and Strawberry Farms Drive.
Water main installation in the easement between Herrington and US-131 continues and is nearly complete. The crew that is working on this section should be back on site today.
Dykema and the Plainfield Water Department pressure tested and disinfected the first segment of water main in Chandler, north of Shining Tree.
What to Expect Next Week (May 25 – 30)
- Dykema intends to finish the water main in Chandler Drive and in the Herrington-to-US-131 easement. They also plan to complete the road crossings in Chandler Drive and Herrington Avenue.
- Dykema will continue to work with the Plainfield Water Department to fill with water, pressure test and disinfect the next segment(s) of water main along Chandler.
- Dykema will soon begin road reconstruction through the Chandler “swamp.” When they do this road work, Chandler Drive will be closed to all traffic.
- During last half of May
- Finish water main along Chandler, Herrington, and across US-131; water main testing; water service stub installation begins.
- During first half of June
- Water main testing; water service stub installation; paving and lawn restoration along Chandler; restoration in private easement and US-131 right-of-way.
- During last half of June
- Paving and lawn restoration along Herrington.
- July 3
- Project Completion
- Note: Dates are subject to change.