As we honor and remember those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for freedom this weekend, I wanted to provide a quick update on the progress of the improvements to the Sherman Boulevard Improvements Project.
This past week, the Sherman Boulevard Contractor worked on:
- Setting asphalt for the bedding material for the brick crosswalks
- Installed bricks for the new decorative brick crosswalks
- Cleaned and sealed the dyed concrete at Sherman and Peck
Please remember that left hand turns are not allowed at most intersections and signs are in place. Please keep our workers safe and follow all traffic control rules within the construction zone.
Work anticipated the week of June 1:
- Continue to install asphalt setting bed for the bricks and then the bricks in the decorative crosswalks on the north side of Sherman
- To maintain good quality, the brick crosswalk installation is taking a little longer than anticipated. Therefore, the traffic shift is now tentatively scheduled for Monday, June 7.