Work has progressed quickly on Peck Street this week with 5 to 6 construction crews from Kamminga and Roodvoets on site all week. Work has begun on the underground for Phase 2, while Phase 1 of Peck Street is beginning to look more like a roadway again after replacement of the water, sanitary and storm infrastructure. Have a Happy Memorial Day!
Work Completed This Week
- Replaced the 24-inch storm sewer between Irwin Avenue and Washington Avenue.
- Continued to replace water services. Only 2-3 water services remain to be on Phase 1.
- Continued removing concrete roadway, curb and gutter, and driveways on Phase 2.
- Began grading the sand subbase for road replacement and installing the gravel base from the north end project limits to Isabella Avenue.
- Placed concrete curb and gutter, sidewalk, and ADA ramps on the north end of Phase 1.
- Note: As concrete driveways and curb and gutter is installed on Phase 1, vehicle driveway access for residents will need to restricted temporarily to allow time for the concrete to cure properly. Please park vehicles outside of the project area while concrete is being installed across your property.
Anticipated Work Next Week
- Continue boring and connecting water services south of Irwin Ave.
- Replace the 16-inch water main through the Southern Avenue Intersection.
- Continue installing the gravel base for the roadway on Phase 1 from Isabella Avenue toward Southern Avenue.
- Continue installing concrete curb and gutter and replacing sidewalk at the north end of Phase 1.
- Install sanitary sewer on Phase 2 from Forest Avenue to the south.
Contractor is not on Memorial Day and may need to work on Saturday, June 5.