As we honor and remember those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for freedom this weekend, I wanted to provide a quick update on the progress of the improvements to the North Mears Parking Lot area. Please remember that the parking lot is CLOSED. Please DO NOT ENTER the parking lot with vehicles over the weekend! Walking through the parking lot is allowed, but please be aware there are many trip hazards and the lights are not yet functional, making it dark at night.
This past week, the following work was completed:
- Concrete areas have been completed
- Bollards have been installed
- Topsoil was spread in the areas for restoration
- Drainage structures were adjusted for the final elevation of the parking lot
The Contractor is planning to work on the following items next week, June 1:
- Work in the irrigation system, landscaping and plantings
- Masonry Seat Wall Construction
- Complete the lighting system
- Work on Brick Sail Logo
- Potentially pave the last course of asphalt late in the week
Please do not try to move barricades over the weekend or try to park in the parking lot. The parking lot is closed. All work planned is weather dependent. We are nearing the end of construction with a potential to be complete in the third week of June, about a week earlier than anticipated. This is also dependent on material deliveries, some of which have been back ordered due to the pandemic.