The State of Michigan is currently under the Governor’s Executive Order to Stay Home. An exemption to the order is essential services. The Union Pier Project has been designated an Essential Service and as such construction remains in process. For the safety of yourself and the construction crews, please stay away from the construction area. RED ARROW HIGHWAY AT UNION PIER ROAD IS EXPECTED TO REMAIN CLOSED UNTIL THE WEEK OF JUNE 15.
The Red Arrow Highway closure immediately north of Berrien Street has been pushed back one week and will now occur June 9 through June 11. Access to local businesses will be maintained via Lakeshore Drive.
Work completed this past week:
- Sanitary sewer bypass system installed.
- 24-in. sanitary sewer installation in Townline Avenue began.
- Second crew arrives on-site.
Potential activities expected next week (June 1 – 6):
- 24-in. sanitary sewer installation in Townline Avenue.
- Transfer flow to new meter piping.