Here is a brief update on the road and utility construction work in the City of Whitehall!
Work that took place this past week – it was a short week due to the Memorial Day Holiday:
- Storm Drainage pipe and infrastructure were installed up the Country Club hill to just short of Carleton
- All storm drainage pipe and infrastructure were installed in East and West Collier
Crews stopped just short of Carleton as there is a utility pole at the NW corner of Carleton and Country Club that will need to be supported. This will be done Monday morning, June 1, 2020. This work WILL CLOSE Carleton for a few hours in the morning. It will not be closed first thing, but if you need your vehicle or need to get out, we recommend you park your vehicle on Country Club or near Gee Park.
Here is what to expect next week (week of June 1):
- Carleton will be closed Monday morning for a few hours to hold a pole and install new storm drainage pipe.
- Storm drainage should be completed in Carleton
- Temporary water main and connections installed for the residents on West Collier. This will involve short interruptions of water for less than an hour to tie each service over to the temporary water main
- New permanent water main will be installed in West Collier.
- Testing may begin on the new water main, but service connections will likely be the week of June 8
Two weeks in, but we are still on schedule to have all construction complete by September 1, 2020, but please remember that all of the work is weather dependent.
The contractor will work with the US Post Office and local garbage haulers to ensure that mail gets delivered and refuse is picked up on the scheduled day. Please do not hesitate to contact me if there are any issues with either.