Our first week of May is done, along with our eighth week of construction on the parking lot improvements. We had a few delays this week due to the weather and the cold, so not as much work was completed as we all had hoped.
This past week, the following work was performed:
- Nearly all of the concrete curb and gutter has been completed
- Decorative Concrete was poured near the Holiday Tree and around the new Fire Place
- More backfill and grading was done in preparation of the concrete around the features poured last week
The Contractor is planning to work on the following items next week, May 10, 2021:
- Completion of concrete curb and gutter
- Pouring of sidewalk behind curb and gutter areas
- More decorative concrete work around the center of the parking lot area and along the north seat wall
- Grading and compacting of aggregate gravel in preparation of the first course of asphalt
- If the precast concrete bases for the seat walls are ready, they will be installed later next week
Asphalt paving is now tentatively planned for the week of May 17. This is dependent on the weather and on the progress of the curb and gutter. This will only be the first course of asphalt.
- Please do not try to move barricades over the weekend or try to park in the parking lot. The parking lot is closed.
- All work planned is weather dependent, but the Contractor is still on schedule to be complete in late June 2021.