Work Completed This Week
- Approximately 1,000 feet of storm sewer was placed in addition to 21 storm structures.
- The water main south of Strong Avenue passed pressure and bacteria testing this week.
- The water main tie-in at Strong & Peck was made.
- 14 water services were connected to the new water main.
- The storm sewer mainline and sanitary sewer pipe was inspected with closed-circuit television (CCTV).
Anticipated Work Next Week
The prime contractor anticipates:
- Continue directional boring and connecting water services.
- Continue installing storm sewer.
The Contractor is not working on Saturday, May 10, 2021.
Phase 2 Scheduling
Kamminga & Roodvoets has an opening in their schedule and is planning to begin Phase 2 (Southern Avenue to Laketon Avenue) earlier than originally planned. Road removal for Phase 2 has been rescheduled to begin approximately Wednesday, May 19 with sanitary sewer installation to follow shortly thereafter. This will not have an impact on the schedule for Phase 1 which is planned to be completed and open to traffic before the end of June 2021.