Water main installation along Chandler continued northward this week. The special pipe arrived mid-week, and Dykema’s first crew is installing the pipe through the low swamp area. The second crew is working northward along Herrington and is approaching Strawberry Farms. A third crew is installing water main in the easement between Herrington and US-131, and also eastward from House Street under southbound US-131. Dykema’s subcontractor, Marksman Construction, installed the steel casing under the southbound lanes of US-131 earlier this week. Today, Marksman is switching the bore pits over to the northbound side of US-131. The bore and jack under northbound is scheduled for next week Tuesday.
What to Expect Next Week (May 11 – 16)
- The three Dykema crews will continue laying pipe in Chandler, Herrington, and in the easement near US-131.
- The Marksman crew is scheduled to complete the bore and jack under northbound US-131 by the end of the week. Both shoulders of northbound will be closed for this work, but the two travel lanes will remain open.
- During first half of May
- Bore and jack operation to cross under Northbound US-131
- During last half of May
- Finish water main along Chandler, Herrington, and across US-131
- During first half of June
- Paving and lawn restoration along Chandler; restoration in private easement and US-131 right-of-way
- During last half of June
- Paving and lawn restoration along Herrington
- July 3
- Project Completion
- Note: Dates are subject to change.