This week, the last of the concrete driveways were completed and asphalt was placed behind the sidewalk where it was disturbed. The remainder of the asphalt will be completed today. Roughly a third of the 140+ trees have been planted and backfilling and restoration efforts with topsoil is underway as well. Irrigation in the blocks between Moon and Torrent has been installed. Mainline site cleanup is beginning with the preparation of removing the much extended family of Darrel the Barrel. Pavement markings will be re-done again tomorrow, Saturday as more work will proceed on the job. Unfortunately, none of the furniture got installed this week.
Here is what to expect the week of November 25, 2019, the week of Thanksgiving. Although it is a short week next week, if the weather holds, it should be a very productive week.
- The concrete crews will be back on Monday and likely Tuesday next week to finish a few crosswalk ramps, one residential driveway and some other miscellaneous concrete work to be done. We expect all concrete to be done by Wednesday.
- Furniture will be installed next week.
- We heard from Consumers Energy that the street light energizing is scheduled for Monday or Tuesday, November 25 or 26. This would make this the last weekend without street lights!
- Permanent signs will be installed Tuesday and Wednesday next week. – Again, this does involve a 4-Way Stop at McCracken and Lakeshore.
- No work is anticipated between November 28 and December 1. Work will resume on December 2 with any remaining punchlist items and the remainder of the tree installations. This will also include some back-filling and topsoil restorations.
- We are working hard to get the traffic control removed as much as possible before the Thanksgiving holiday. Tree Plantings will not be complete until the week after Thanksgiving and they will likely need some local lane closures to complete the installations.