We’re back this week with more construction progress on Southern Avenue!
Work Completed This Week
- Traffic control was set up and the road was milled last Friday
- The sanitary sewer was installed on Southern Avenue beginning at Peck Street and finishing almost to Jefferson Street. The sewer installation at Sanford required crossing underneath an existing 16-inch diameter water main.
Anticipated Work Next Week
- The remainder of the sanitary sewer will be installed up to Jefferson Street.
- Two sanitary laterals will be installed.
- The 6-inch water main will be deepened at Jefferson Avenue to make room for storm sewer improvements. Water service will need to be temporarily shut down during the tie-in for some residents on Jefferson Street early next week.
- Storm sewer replacement will begin toward the end of the week.