Although we had an extraordinarily wet week, we were able to get some work done out on the construction sites in Whitehall this week.
The Contractor over the last Week worked on the following:
- Removed pavement on Peach between Sophia and Slocum
- Removed pavement on Wilshire Drive (FINALLY!)
- Began water main replacement on Wilshire Drive – roughly 150’ of water main after today
- Paved the asphalt driveway approaches on Lakeview and Lewis, including the White Lake Pathway (ongoing as I type this)
- Continued landscape restoration on Lakeview and Lewis Streets
Currently, Lakeview Street is Closed to THRU Traffic between Misco Drive and Muskegon Avenue. Lewis Street is also closed to THRU traffic between Lakeview and Mears. Access is being maintained for emergency purposes and for local residents and businesses.
Peach is closed to through traffic between Sophia and Slocum. Use caution when traveling down Wilshire.
Please use patience when traveling through this area and be kind to the construction workers who are doing their best to get this project done in a safe and timely manner.
Anticipated work over the next 2 weeks:
- Pave top course of asphalt on Lakeview, Lewis and the intersection of Muskegon Avenue – Currently scheduled for early next week – this was washed out this past week.
- Drill a new water main on Tuesday between the cul-de-sac on Wilshire out to Peach Street
- Demobilize from the Lakeview and Lewis areas
- Sign replacement on Lakeview and Lewis
- Continue water main replacement on Wilshire and Peach – Water main Pipe should be completed by the end of next week or early the week of October 24
- Testing and sampling of the new water mains
- Connections of new water mains and removal of old water mains
- Replacement of water services to the new water main