This week, more concrete was poured which included the remainder of the concrete parking lanes, curb and gutter and the colored crosswalks on Lakeshore Drive. Addison and McCracken remain open and as such will have more concrete to poured in those areas once the other side has cured to allow for traffic. More wall work took place, light pole bases were delivered and preparations for sidewalk and driveway restorations are ongoing at this time. Consumers Energy had their team out on site removing old ‘cobra head’ lights and cleaning some poles that will be removed from the site permanently.
Here is what to expect next week, the week of October 21, 2019:
- Work will proceed tomorrow, Saturday, October 19, 2019. Asphalt will be installed at the west end of the job. Sidewalks will be poured from Palmer to Frisbee.
- Electrical conduit will be installed on the south side for the new lighting
- Irrigation conduit will be installed behind the curb in areas receiving tree grates between Moon and Torrent
- The roadway will be cleaned and prepped for blowing out and sealing the concrete joints. This work will likely create a lot of dust
- Grading and preparation work for sidewalk and curbing to be installed behind the sidewalk as well as driveway approaches
- More light pole bases to be installed on the south side and near the decorative wall at Ruddiman Creek
- The plan at this time, depending on the curing of the concrete and the sealing of the pavement joints, is to open 2 lanes of traffic on Lakeshore Drive around Wednesday, October 22, 2019