Water main installation continued this week and testing on the first section of water main began.
Work Completed This Week
- Water main was installed past McLaughlin where a temporary cap was installed. Pressure testing of the main from Apple to McLaughlin was completed. Currently the main is being disinfected and tested.
- Stripped topsoil south of McLaughlin.
- Started installing water main south of McLaughlin.
Anticipated Work Next Week
- Continue installing water main south of McLaughlin.
- Assuming passing tests of the water main over the weekend the portion from Apple to McLaughlin will be connected to the existing main on Apple. This will require a brief shutdown of water for residents on East Street. This connection is currently scheduled for Tuesday October 10 starting at 9 AM.
- Installation of water services from Apple to McLaughlin may begin.