Work completed this past week:
- Completed top course asphalt paving of all five lanes and the intersections between Glade and Sanford
- Completed the grading, topsoil and seeding of the lawn areas between the sidewalk and curb between Sanford and Getty
- Raised manhole and water valve structures in the pavement between Sanford and Getty. Please be careful around these; They will be about 2 inches above the milled pavement and there are a lot of them out there!
Work anticipated for the week of October 12:
- PAVING – Weather permitting, asphalt will be placed on Sherman between Sanford and Getty on Thursday, Friday and Saturday late next week
- Finish raising the manhole covers between Sanford and Getty
- Continue to work on restoration
Please remember to keep the safety of the workers on this project in your mind as you travel through this active construction site. There may be work going on anywhere in the 1.75 mile corridor, so be aware and drive slow through the site if you must travel on Sherman Boulevard.