The contract was awarded to Balkema Excavating, and they are busy preparing and submitting shop drawings for the project. Shop drawings are a means by which we can confirm that the contractor will be providing the proper materials and equipment specified in the contract.
- Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) of pipe at the east end of Crooked Lake will begin the week of September 7, 2023. This work will take approximately a week. There will be short period of time where the pipe to be installed will be floated in the lake. The contractor will properly flag and monitor its location to ensure no conflicts with boating traffic.
- Filter building construction will begin with footings and foundation mid-September.
- Dredging of the lakes for the filter beds is currently scheduled for October and November.
- Piping work form Eagle Lake to Crooked Lake is scheduled for the spring of 2024.
- Project completion will be by July 1, 2024.