Week 15 of the Sherman Boulevard Improvements is nearing completion. We had a very short week with the Labor Day Holiday and a rain day on Tuesday this week.
Work that took place this past week:
- The contractor has been taking time to clean up the site this week.
- Graded and compacted road gravel in many different road patches up to Wood Street.
- Four large phone vault covers were lowered.
Work anticipated the week of September 14:
- There will be some work done tomorrow, Saturday, September 12.
- Continue to place and compact road gravel in intersections where underground work was completed, namely between Wood and Getty
- Continue asphalt patching areas, Reynolds to Getty
- Continuing to lower manhole castings
- Continued grading of the terrace lawns east of Sanford
- Removal of pavement for decorative crosswalks between Sanford and Hoyt
- Milling of the pavement between Glade and Sanford starting Wednesday, September 16
Work anticipated the week of September 21:
- Raising manhole structures in these blocks
- Preparing for paving between Glade and Sanford
All work is weather dependent, but we are currently on schedule (with the added work now) with the construction.
Please remember to keep the safety of the workers on this project in your mind as you travel through this active construction site. There may be work going on anywhere in the 1.75 mile corridor, so be aware and drive slow through the site if you must travel on Sherman Boulevard.