This week, the Contractor fought a lot of rainy weather but was able to cut the road grade down and place gravel road base from Continental to Bailey on the south side of the road. The curb and gutter that was proposed this week was delayed due to weather. The contractor completed the drainage system on the south side of the road as well. The remaining asphalt on the north side of the road has been removed as has the north curb and gutter and most of the sidewalk.
Here is what to expect next week, the week of September 16, 2019
- No work is planned for Saturday, September 14, 2019.
- Storm drainage pipe will be extended for new structures on the north side of the road
- Grading for the new sidewalk on the south side of the road will take place
- Cutting the grade on the north side may begin as well
- The curb and gutter for the south side is now tentatively scheduled for Wednesday, September 18. When this happens, you will not have access to your driveway until Saturday, September 21 to allow the concrete to cure. You will be able to park in the street on the gravel in front of your home.