This week is Week 16 of the improvements to Sherman Boulevard in Muskegon Heights. Please remember that Sherman Boulevard is closed to thru traffic. Please use side streets to get to your home or business to reduce traffic on Sherman as much as possible for the safety of the construction workers.
Work completed this past week:
- The road was cut for the pavement removals for the new decorative crosswalks at Sanford, Peck, Maffett, Baker, Leahy and Hoyt (17 total new decorative crosswalks)
- All manhole and water valve structures have now been lowered for the entire road making it ready for milling
- All of the road patches are now filled in with compacted road gravel and most all have been patched with he base course of asphalt
- Four of the 17 crosswalks above had pavement removed and road gravel placed and compacted
- Milling of the pavement has been completed between Glade and Sanford (to be finished this afternoon)
- Raising/replacing manhole covers and valve structures has begun between Glade and Sanford
Work Anticipated the week of September 21:
- Crews plan to continue with pavement removals tomorrow, Saturday, September 19.
- Continue to raise manhole and valve covers between Glade and Sanford
- More work to remove and install compacted road gravel for the new decorative crosswalks
- More terrace grading and restoration between the sidewalk and curb
Work Anticipated the week of September 28:
- PAVING – The top course of asphalt is tentatively scheduled to be installed Monday and Tuesday September 28 and 29, between Glade and Sanford.
- MILLING – The pavement will be milled off between Sanford and Getty beginning on Friday, October 1. This will take at least 2 days to complete, so this work will extend into October.
- Patching in the decorative crosswalks to accommodate the milling and paving in the next phase.