Note: CSX is planning to close Lakewood between Beeline and River to replace a section of track in Lakewood. The work is anticipated to take one week starting 9/12. Traffic will be detoured via Beeline/James/Division/Ottawa Beach.
Work completed/in progress from the last update:
- Pavement removal in River between Lakewood and Douglas.
- Transmission main installed and pressure tested through Lakewood/River intersection and up to McDonalds.
- Continued with Holland Township 16″ water main installation. Installation complete to just west of Township’s elevated tank.
- Lakewood/River intersection restoration underway.
- Continued storm sewer installation between Aniline and Division for road reconstruct project.
- Installed second groundwater treatment system.
Anticipated activities for the upcoming week include:
- Complete Lakewood/River intersection restoration and open to traffic by next weekend.
- Continue transmission main installation.
- Install additional dewatering as necessary.
- Continue Holland Township 16″ water main installation.
- Install storm sewer between Aniline and Division for road reconstruct project.
- Install third groundwater treatment system and relocate current groundwater treatment system.
- Jack and Bore contractor (Lowe Construction) is tentatively scheduled to arrive near the end of the week.