- Wyoming Excavators completed water service installation along Belmont Avenue.
- Wyoming is working with the Plainfield Water Department on completing the disinfection testing procedures for the new water main along Van Dam Drive. Once the testing is completed, water service installation will begin along Van Dam Drive.
- Wyoming continued water main installation at the south end of Wildwood Creek Drive and installed water main across the White Pine Trail.
- In case you were not aware, the White Pine Trail was constructed along an old railroad track, which is why it is so straight and there are no hills. While installing the water main through the trail, the original railroad tracks were uncovered under the Trail! (See picture below)
- The Trail was temporarily repaved that same day and opened back up to trail users in less than 10 hours.
- Wyoming will continue water main installation along Wildwood Creek Drive. Please be patient with the crew as they work as quickly as possible to install the new water main and maintain access for residents behind the work area.
- Pending passing disinfection test, Wyoming will install water services along Van Dam Drive.
- Prien&Newhof survey crews will be on site next week on Pixley Avenue to install grade stakes for the water main. Tree clearing is scheduled to begin on Pixley Avenue September 13.
What to Expect
- Water service construction along Van Dam Drive.
- Water main construction along Wildwood Creek Drive.
- Tree Clearing along Pixley Avenue to begin September 13.
- Water main construction along Pixley Avenue.
- Water service construction along Wildwood Creek Drive.
- Water service construction along Pixley Avenue.
- As soon as the water main in one area is complete, tested, and ready for water service connections, Plainfield Township will communicate with you to start the process of installing water services on private property.
- Estimated project completion date: October 9
Once the water service stub has been installed out to the public road right-of-way in front of your house, you will receive a letter from our staff on site informing you that your water service is ready for connection. You will have sixty (60) days from the date of the letter to connect to the municipal water system. If you have not already contacted a private water service contractor about installing your free water service, you should do so as soon as possible to ensure you can meet the sixty (60) day connection requirement.
- Water service construction on Belmont Avenue
- Water service construction on Van Dam Drive
- Water main and water service construction on Wildwood Creek Drive
- Mid-September – Mid-October
- Water main and water service construction on Pixley Avenue