This week we saw the Contractor (McCormick Sand) setting up traffic control signage, mobilizing equipment, and getting ready for upcoming work. For the first few weeks, the project will consist of water service replacements and miscellaneous utility improvements.
Work Completed This Week (August 31 – September 4)
- McCormick set up traffic control and started mobilizing equipment to site.
- McCormick completed some exploratory digging for utilities in preparation of work in the coming week.
- McCormick began removing the curb and some pavement.
Anticipated Work Next Week
- Water services will be replaced, starting at the south end of the project.
- Water system improvements consisting of valve replacements and a new hydrant will be completed possibly near the end of the week. This work will require temporary shut downs of the water. Notification will be provided to affected residents in advance.