Week 14 of the Sherman Boulevard Improvements project has come to an end. As we changed the calendar this week, we will see dramatic changes with the Sherman Boulevard corridor this month!
- Terrace grading is complete between Glade and Sanford. Topsoil and seed were placed between the curb and sidewalk in these areas.
- Graded and compacted road gravel in many different road patches and the patches has asphalt placed in them up to Reynolds
- All concrete work on sidewalks, driveway approaches, curb and gutter and handicapped ramps is complete.
Work anticipated for the week of September 7:
- No work to be done tomorrow or on Monday, Labor Day
- Continue to place and compact road gravel in intersections where underground work was completed, namely between Reynolds and Getty
- Continue asphalt patching areas, Reynolds to Getty
- Continuing to lower manhole castings
- Continued grading of the terrace lawns east of Sanford
Work anticipated for the week of September 14:
- Milling the pavement surface between Glade and Sanford
- Raising manhole structures in these blocks
All work is weather dependent, but we are currently on schedule (with the added work now) with the construction.
Please remember to keep the safety of the workers on this project in your mind as you travel through this active construction site. There may be work going on anywhere in the 1.75 mile corridor, so be aware and drive slow through the site if you must travel on Sherman Boulevard.