This week, the Contractor installed drainage pipe and structures except near Huizenga Street. The old water main has been removed from the ground. The road is being cut on the south side and getting ready for base gravel to be installed next week. Gravel road base material began being delivered to the site and it began to be placed near Getty and Continental.
Here is what to expect next week, the week of September 9, 2019
- No work is planned for Saturday, September 7, 2019.
- The remainder of the storm drainage pipe and structures will be installed at Huizenga.
- The remaining asphalt will likely be removed along with the north sidewalk, curb and driveways beginning Tuesday or Wednesday next week.
- Road gravel will continue to be delivered to the site for placement in the south lane and the new concrete curb and gutter on the south side is tentatively scheduled for Thursday, September 12. When this happens, you will not have access to your driveway until Monday, September 16 to allow the concrete to cure over the weekend. You will be able to park in the street on the gravel in front of your home.
- Sidewalks and driveway approaches will begin to be prepped on the south side with some possibly poured the following Monday, September 16.
The Contractor is still trying to maintain a lane of traffic through the construction zone for access to homes and businesses. However, this lane will not likely continuous through the entire construction site as the road is currently being re-built. Access will be maintained, but you may need to go around the block to get to your home or business. Please remember to access homes south of Broadway from Summit and homes north of Broadway from Sherman.