Note: CSX is planning to close Lakewood between Beeline and River to replace a section of track in Lakewood. The work is anticipated to take one week starting 9/12. Traffic will be detoured via Beeline/James/Division/Ottawa Beach.
Work completed/in progress from the last update:
- Transmission main installed up to the Railroad in River.
- Continued with Holland Township 16″ water main installation. Installation complete to eastern limit of replacement work (near Wendy’s)
- Lakewood/River intersection restoration underway. *Paving is completed. Pavement markings and traffic signal work will be completed tomorrow and intersection will be open to traffic tomorrow*
- Continued storm sewer installation between Aniline and Division for road reconstruct project.
- Began road construction of Lakewood between Aniline and Division.
- Installed third groundwater treatment system and relocated first system.
- Installed dewatering wells.
- Lowe Construction arrived on-site and began preparing bore pit for Railroad crossing.
- Began disinfection of 16″ water main.
Anticipated activities for the upcoming week include:
- Continue transmission main installation.
- Install additional dewatering as necessary.
- Continue Holland Township 16″ water main installation, testing, and start water services.
- Install storm sewer between Aniline and Division for road reconstruct project.
- Jack and Bore beneath Railroad.
- Continue road construction between Aniline and Division.