Here is our weekly update on the road construction activity in Whitehall. Thank you very much for your patience during this time of inconvenience.With the short work week, the Contractor was still able to complete the following this past week:
- Excavation, Grading and compaction of the gravel road base material for Lewis Street
- Placed the final Hydrant at Lewis and Lakeview
- Replaced 6 water services on Peach Street between Alice and Sophia
Anticipated work over the next 2 weeks:
- Continue water service replacements on Peach Street between Alice and Sophia.
- Placement of Concrete Curb and Gutter on Lakeview between Misco Drive and Lewis Street AND on Lewis between Lakeview and Mears Avenue.
- Placing driveway approaches on Lewis and Lakeview Street.
- Please be careful of the string lines that will be installed prior to the concrete curb getting installed. They can be difficult to walk over. If you need assistance, please let us know.
- Please note that the concrete will need to cure for a minimum of 3 days before driving over it. You may walk on it within about 3-4 hours of it being poured depending on the temperature. PLEASE, do not write in the concrete. It will need to be removed and replaced and it is very costly.
- Pavement will be removed soon on Peach Street between Sophia and Slocum and on Wilshire Drive for the water main replacement to take place.