The watermain installation project is still slated to begin in September. However, the tree removals are expected to begin next Monday (August 1st) and the crews anticipate they will complete all the tree removals planned for Phase I. Trees currently scheduled for removal are flagged with a pink or yellow ribbon.
The City of Grand Rapids has approved two plumbing companies to complete the installation of water services between the watermain by the road and your basement. The contact information is listed below, as is a process of how the work is expected to be completed.
Pre-approved Plumbing Companies:
Attn: Grace Thumser
Attn: Kraig Keegstra
Process for Plumbing Selection:
- The property owner can coordinate with one or both of the pre-approved plumbing companies and select the company that they feel most comfortable working at their house.
- The plumbing company will provide Prein&Newhof (P&N) and the City of Grand Rapids a property specific quotation form. This information will also be available to the property owner.
- P&N will coordinate with the City of Grand Rapids to review the property specific quotation form and verify that it is in line with the costs received at the time of bidding.
- Once verification of pricing is completed, the plumbing company will be approved to complete the work.
- The plumbing contractor will coordinate with both the City of Grand Rapids and Cascade Township for required inspections.
- After completion of the work, the plumbing company must compile and submit all required paperwork to P&N and the City of Grand Rapids for review and payment.
- The City of Grand Rapids will approve payments to be made directly to the plumbing company.