A full month of construction season is now passed. Thank you very much for your patience during this time of inconvenience on Lakeview Street.
Work completed this past week:
- About 425 feet of storm sewer was installed in Lakeview Street
- The old sanitary sewer was filled with concrete to prevent any collapse in the future
- Crews are working to rebuild the hill just north of Misco Drive to provide access for residents as the work progresses to the north and access will be cut off from Lewis
Currently, Lakeview Street is Closed to THRU Traffic between Misco and Lewis. If you live in this area, you may enter and exit via Lewis. This will likely change next week for access to Misco.
Please use patience when traveling through this area and be kind to the construction workers who are doing their best to get this project done in a safe and timely manner.
Anticipated work over the next 2 weeks:
- Sanitary Sewer main replacement on Lakeview Street, progressing from south to north towards Muskegon Avenue.
- Continuing with new storm sewer installation on Lakeview up to Lewis Street
- Installation of underdrainage system
- Cutting the road between Misco and Lewis to sand grade in preparation for road base gravel
- Preparation and grading for new concrete curb and gutter to be installed on Lakeview Street
Thank you very much for your patience and understanding during these necessary improvements to the Whitehall infrastructure. Do not hesitate to contact a project representative if there are any issues or questions. Refuse and mail service should remain as normal. We recommend placing a piece of duct tape on your garbage receptacle with your address written on it in permanent marker and the Contractor can assist with your waste hauler to get your trash picked up in a timely manner.