Week 5 on Southern Avenue is complete! The base course of asphalt was installed this morning. Here are some details:
Work Completed Last Week
- Concrete curb and gutter was installed throughout the project on Southern Ave.
- Aggregate base was installed over the prepared sand throughout the project area and fine graded in preparation for asphalt
- A rain garden was installed on Peck Street in front of the Child Abuse Council of Muskegon County building (1781 Peck St).
Anticipated Work This Week
- The first layer of asphalt is being installed today (Monday, November 1).
- Concrete sidewalk, driveways and ADA ramps will be installed this week.
- Manhole castings will be raised up to final grade this week.
- Top soil will begin to be installed over disturbed grassy areas on Southern Ave.
- Final paving may be completed as soon as the end of the week.