All underground utility improvements on Southern Avenue are scheduled to be completed by Tuesday, October 19. Kamminga & Roodvoets has already begun to put the roadway back together. Here are the details:
Work Completed This Week
- The sanitary sewer at Jefferson Avenue was completed and wastewater flow has now been diverted to Peck Street instead of through the High School property.
- The mainline storm sewer was installed Sanford Street to Jefferson Street.
- Five lead/galvanized water services were replaced with copper piping.
Anticipated Work Next Week
- The remainder of the storm sewer catch basin leads will be installed by tomorrow (Tuesday).
- Aggregate base will be installed on Southern Avenue before the end of the week.
- Concrete curb and gutter will begin to be installed by Kamminga & Roodvoets on Friday and Saturday this week.