Work Completed this Past Week:
- Nearly all of the water services on 7th Street have been tied over to the new water main. Some who have not been completed will likely be without water when the last water main tie-in is completed next week.
- Water main connections from the new water mains to the existing water system were made at 7th Street and Summit
- Water main connections from the new water mains to the existing water system were made at Amsterdam and 6th Street
- A new hydrant was replaced at 6th & Amsterdam on a much larger water main
- Storm drainage structures and pipe were installed on 7th Street
Work Anticipated Week of October 9, 2023
- Storm drainage work will continue on 7th Street
- Water Main Tie-in Is scheduled for the intersection of 7th and Oakwood on Tuesday, October 10, 2023
- This will affect nearly 50 residents on 7th Street between Oakwood and Norton, on Oakwood between 8th and 6th
- A 2nd Tie-in is scheduled for the same intersection at 7th and Oakwood on Wednesday, October 11, 2023
- The same residents will likely be affected on Wednesday because the work in Oakwood is complicated and involves connecting to 3 different mains and working around many different utilities.
- Water Main Tie-ins are scheduled for Summit and 7th and at Summit and 6th on Thursday, October 12, 2023
- This will affect residents on 7th Street between Broadway and Summit.
- A sanitary manhole may be replaced at Amsterdam and 7th Street
- Finish any remaining water service replacements
Work Anticipated Week of October 16, 2023
- Complete the remaining water main tie-ins at Summit and 6th Street to a large diameter water main
- Additional Storm Drainage pipe and structure installation
- Possibly begin grading the roadway on 7th Street