Work Completed This Week
- The 12-inch sanitary sewer was installed on the east side of Henry Street from the service garage at Betten Baker car dealership to the south limit of the project near Hank’s Tavern.
- Aggregate base has begun to be installed by Kamminga & Roodvoets on Pulaski Avenue between Henry Street and Kinsey Street.
- Concrete curb and gutter has begun to be installed on Pulaski Avenue (east of Henry Street) and on Beidler Street between Pulaski and Alberta Avenue.
- The 8-inch PVC sanitary sewer was fused together, which will be drilled under Henry Street next week.
Anticipated Work Next Week
- The contractor will be installing sewer up to a sanitary manhole in the northbound lanes of Henry Street early this week.
- RC Directional Boring is scheduled to begin drilling across Henry Street to the east on Wednesday, September 16.
- Aggregate base will be finished on Pulaski Avenue west of Henry Street including undercutting the existing sub-base in areas where clay material was found.
- Concrete improvements will continue to be installed on Beidler and Pulaski (east of Henry) including curb and gutter, driveway approaches, and sidewalk.
Current Road Closures
- Beidler Street is closed from Alberta Avenue to Pulaski Avenue.
- Pulaski Avenue is closed from Henry Street to Beidler Street and from Kinsey Street to Henry Street.
- Beginning Monday, September 14, the northbound lanes of Henry Street will be closed to traffic north of Sherman Boulevard to allow for the contractor to install a sanitary manhole and directionally drill under the southbound lanes. A traffic shift will be implemented which will maintain two-way traffic within the southbound lanes.