- Dean’s Excavating continued water main construction along Summit Avenue and has installed the 12-inch water main through Tradewind Drive.
- The new water main from 11 Mile Road to Whirlwind Drive was pressure tested to confirm there are no leaks in the main.
- Dean’s and the City of Rockford completed disinfection testing of the new water main the second half of this week.
- Summit Avenue is closed to thru traffic, open to local traffic only, and will remain closed throughout October. The posted detour route is Wolven Avenue to the west. Please be mindful of the construction crew while driving through the work zone. For everyone’s safety we ask that you avoid driving through the immediate construction zone when possible.
- Dean’s will prepare for the water main tie-in to the existing water main at 11 Mile Road on Monday.
- Pending passing disinfection testing results, Dean’s will complete the water main tie-in at 11 Mile Road on Tuesday. A shut down of the existing water main is necessary to facilitate this and will impact water service to a few residents between 11 Mile Road and Rockview Drive.
- Dean’s will also begin to dig pits at water service locations Monday and Tuesday in preparation for directional drilling of water services across Summit Avenue.
- Water service installation between 11 Mile Road and Whirlwind is scheduled to begin on Thursday. If you have not already placed your stake where you want your water service installed it is critical that you do this over the weekend.
Please contact any project representative if you have questions or concerns.