Work Completed This Week
- Kamminga & Roodvoets finished replacing all of the concrete which was removed at the Betten Baker car dealership, the aggregate base was fine graded, and Asphalt Paving Inc. (API) paved the leveling course of asphalt through the south end of the service garages.
- RC Directional Boring drilled across Henry Street to the east on Monday and pulled back the new 8-inch sanitary sewer pipe on Tuesday.
- Kamminga & Roodvoets installed the wet well and force main for the new grinder station at the West Village Plaza.
- Kamminga & Roodvoets finished reinstalling the concrete patch on Henry Street today (Saturday). Henry Street is scheduled to be opened back up to full traffic early next week.
Anticipated Work Next Week
- Concrete curb and gutter installation will begin on Pulaski Avenue west of Henry Street.
- Sanitary sewer installation may resume in the easement west of Henry Street next week if a recently discovered conflict with Consumer’s Energy’s utilities is rectified.
- Concrete improvements and aggregate base grading may continue near West Village Plaza on the east side of Henry Street.
Current Road Closures
- Beidler Street is closed from Alberta Avenue to Pulaski Avenue.
- Pulaski Avenue is closed from Henry Street to Beidler Street and from Kinsey Street to Henry Street.
- The northbound lanes of Henry Street are closed to traffic north of Sherman Boulevard. The traffic shift is scheduled to be removed early next week after the concrete is cured.
Kamminga & Roodvoets finished installing the concrete pavement patch on Henry Street today.
The contractor seals all of the sanitary manhole castings by using a heat shrinking wrap.
The 8-inch sanitary gravity sewer was drilled under the southbound lanes of Henry Street this week.
The grinder station wet well was installed at West Village Plaza.