The weather definitely slowed some of the progress this week. Thank you for your patience as the Contractor is working to get this project done in a very timely manner.
Work Completed this Past Week
- Continued work on the storm drainage system on the south end of Mears
- Grading of sidewalk, sidewalk ramps and curb replacement areas between Benston and Gibbs
- Remove curb, asphalt and pavement at the northwest corner of Mears and Main Street
- Continued work to make the new water main safe for drinking
Work Anticipated Week of August 21, 2023
- Continue installing new storm sewer pipe and structures at the south end of Mears, working to the north
- Begin water main tie-ins to the existing system – This will involve temporary shut downs of water service for up to 4 hours for residents in these neighborhoods
- Water services will begin to be replaced between the new water main and homes
- Tentative schedule for new concrete curb and sidewalk between Benston and Gibbs is Wednesday, August 23, 2023
Work Anticipated Week of August 28, 2023
- Water main tie ins will continue
- Water service replacements will continue to be done between the water main and the homes
- Storm Sewer pipe and drainage structures will continue to be installed
NOTE about water service replacements: It is normal for the water to be cloudy or rusty immediately after replacement. If it is cloudy, this is most likely due to air trapped in the water. Let the water set and if it clears up, it is just air and the water will clear up in a few days. If it is rusty or discolored, run the cold water in a bath tub or other faucet that doesn’t have an aerator (screen) in the spigot. Run the water until it is clear. Remove and clean any aerators in faucet spigots.