The water main location has been staked in preparation for tree clearing. Trees were marked for removal on Wednesday, March 31. Generally, any tree or brush within 8-10 feet of the water main stakes will need to come down for construction. If you would like to keep any of the wood generated from the tree clearing along your property, you may contact West Michigan Tree Services or talk to their operators on site.
Tree clearing will begin on the south end of Elstner Avenue tomorrow – Friday, April 2.
Wolven Avenue will be CLOSED TO THRU TRAFFIC starting Monday, April 5 in the morning.
Access to local traffic will be maintained during tree clearing and water main construction.
Please contact a project representative if you have questions or concerns.
What to Expect
- Start tree clearing –on April 2.
- Start water main construction in Windstone Drive on April 5.
- Start water main construction in Wolven Avenue the week of April 5 – 9 after the tree clearing is completed.
- As soon as the water main in one area is complete, tested, and ready for water service connections, Plainfield Township will communicate with you to start the process of installing water services on private property.
- Dykema’s overall project schedule anticipates the total project, including road paving and lawn restoration, being complete in late August 2021.
There will be times that the area in front of your homes is torn up and you will have limited access to your home. Please let us know if you have any special access needs and we will do our best to make arrangements with you.
The contractor will be contacting you to make arrangements for mail delivery and garbage collection. Please let us know if you have any problems with this.
- April – mid-May
- Windstone Drive
- April – mid-June
- Wolven Avenue; 10 Mile Road to 43 North entrance
- mid-April – mid-June
- Stoneridge Drive
- May – June
- Bent Tree Ridge Drive
- May – July
- 43 North
- mid-June – July
- 11 Mile Road
- July – August
- Elstner Drive
Please share this information with your neighbors who may not have email or access to the internet.
Thank you for your patience and we look forward to a successful project in your neighborhood!