This update comes early due to an upcoming road closure. Work this week has progressed nicely. Hallack Contracting will be closing down the Loomis Street and James Street (U.S. 10) intersection for the next two weeks starting Monday morning. This will be a complete road closure at Loomis Street requiring a detour route. The posted detour route will be Rath Avenue from Filer Street to Ludington Avenue. Access to businesses along James will be maintained from Ludington Avenue and Filer Street.
Work Completed This Week
- Hallack Contracting completed removals of concrete sidewalk and roadway leaving Rath Avenue and James Street open to traffic.
- Hallack Contracting installed the water main from Rath Avenue to James Street.
Anticipated Work Next Week
- Starting Monday morning James Street will be closed at Loomis Street for a duration of two weeks.
- Hallack will install water main and sanitary sewer within the James Street intersection.
- Hallack is anticipated to start testing of the new water main near the end of next week and begin installing storm sewer improvements within the James Street intersection.