- Dean’s Excavating completed water service stub installation along Summit Avenue.
- All water services along Summit Avenue are now available for connection. Homeowners may coordinate with the contractor they selected to complete the work on private property and schedule a date for the water service installation into the house. If there are any questions about this process, please call Jeremy Kamp with Prein&Newhof at (616) 432-6709.
- Dean’s completed the installation of an automatic flushing station near 12 Mile Road. This station will periodically allow for water to be flushed into the ditch from the water main which will reduce the amount of manual hydrant flushing for the City of Rockford Water Department staff.
- Dean’s completed the remaining restoration work along Summit Avenue and began removing equipment from the site for the winter.
- Depending on the weather, Dean’s may install a sampling station on the water main near 12 Mile. The deliver of this station is currently pending and installation of it will be weather dependent. The station will allow the City of Rockford Water Department staff to take water quality samples more easily from the water main.
- Dean’s will finish any last minute clean up and wrap up the site for the winter.
- Private side water service work is anticipated to begin next week. If you do not already have a contractor lined up to run your free water service into your house, we recommend that you do so in the coming week. You may schedule this work with your contractor ASAP.
Please contact any project representative if you have questions or concerns.