The water main location has been staked in preparation for tree clearing. Trees will be marked for removal on Wednesday (3/31) and tree clearing is scheduled to commence on Monday, April 5.
You might ask: Why is Plainfield Township coordinating the construction project when I live in Algoma Township? The answer is that Algoma Township does not have a municipal water system, and Plainfield Township is extending its water system further into Algoma Township to supply Algoma residents affected by PFAS contamination. This project is a continuation of last year’s water main construction in the Wellington Ridge neighborhood.
For the duration of this construction project, we will provide regular updates that will inform you of what is happening presently and what you can expect to see coming up, including water main construction, traffic control, project safety, access to homes, etc.
Please contact any project representative below if you have questions or concerns.
What to Expect
- Tree clearing during the week of April 5 – 9.
- The start of water main construction in Windstone Drive on April 6.
- As soon as the water main in one area is complete, tested, and ready for water service connections, Plainfield Township will communicate with you to start the process of installing water services on private property.
- Dykema’s overall project schedule anticipates the total project, including road paving and lawn restoration, being complete in late August 2021.
There will be times that the area in front of your homes is torn up and you will have limited access to your home. Please let us know if you have any special access needs and we will do our best to make arrangements with you.
The contractor will be contacting you to make arrangements for mail delivery and garbage collection. Please let us know if you have any problems with this.
- April – mid-May
- Windstone Drive
- April – mid-June
- Wolven Avenue; 10 Mile Road to 43 North entrance
- mid-April – mid-June
- Stoneridge Drive
- May – June
- Bent Tree Ridge Drive
- May – July
- 43 North
- mid-June – July
- 11 Mile Road
- July – August
- Elstner Drive
Please share this information with your neighbors who may not have email or access to the internet.
Thank you for your patience and we look forward to a successful project in your neighborhood!