Here is a brief update for the improvements to Glenside Boulevard between Broadway Avenue (Garrison) and Sherman Boulevard. A considerable amount of work was accomplished again this week throughout the job site.
Work Completed this Past Week:
- Road base gravel was completed, shaped and compacted
- Preparations for concrete curb and gutter were made
- Concrete curb and gutter began today with the majority of it to be completed by the end of the day today
Work Anticipated Week of September 11, 2023
- Completion of the concrete curb and gutter as well as driveway approaches
- Relocation of some power pole wiring
- Backfilling between the curb and sidewalk
Work Anticipated Week of September 18, 2023
- Grading of the road to prepare for asphalt
- Completion of any remaining concrete work
- Work on pedestrian refuge island south of the railroad crossing
Construction will still remain on schedule for being completed in September 2023. However, light poles will be delivered in the middle of October. To accomplish the installation of the electrical and lighting safely, the final course of asphalt may be held until late October until the lighting is fully installed so the final road surface is not disturbed.