We are thankful that we are getting closer to the end of this construction season and for all of your patience during this project.
Even with a short week, the Contractor completed the following:
- Completed the last water main tie-in at Slocum and Peach – We did learn that the existing water main here is in worse shape than we originally expected, so we will be looking at replacing more water main as soon as we can. This will be on the south side of Slocum between Iowa and Peach and it may involve replacing the old water main on Iowa as well between Slocum and Sophia.
- Continued to remove and abandon the old water main in Peach
- Continued to rebuild road on Wilshire and Peach with new sand, underdrain, and road base gravel
The Contractor is not planning to work after today to give their crews a Thanksgiving Holiday with their families. They will return Monday, November 28.
Next week, with the warmer weather the Contractor is planning to:
- Place the first course of asphalt on Wilshire and Peach. The top course of asphalt along with the concrete curb and gutter at the intersection of Peach and in the cul-de-sac will be done in the spring.
- Place temporary asphalt on driveway approaches that were removed. Please note that this is temporary until spring and concrete driveway approaches, sidewalk and curb will be replaced in the spring.
- Clean up the site, demobilize and make sure the site is safe for the winter.
- Mailboxes will be restored
- Next week is likely the last week of work until completion in the spring.