Airport Engineering and Planning
Could you use a partner? Someone to help you with today’s problems and make wise plans for the future? Someone who knows airport engineering, what other airports are doing today, and how FAA regulations will impact your plans.
With 40 years of airport engineering experience serving large and small airports—hundreds of projects both airside and landside—Prein&Newhof works with Michigan’s airports as an extension of their staff to help optimize airport operations and address challenges head-on.
Prein&Newhof designed its first airport project in 1982. Since then, our airport consulting practice has expanded to include 40 General Aviation and Air Carrier Airports across Michigan. We have a strong reputation for creative design, unrivaled construction support, and giving every client our undivided attention. Our Airport Consulting services include:
- Airport Capital Improvement Programs (ACIP)
- Airfield Engineering: Runways, Taxiways, Aprons & Ramps
- Airport Management Consulting
- Airport Planning
- ALP & Exhibit A Updates
- Construction Administration
- Electrical Systems & Navigational Aids Design
- Environmental Planning & Design
- Landside Transportation & Development; Streets & Parking Lots
- Pavement Design
- Program & Grant Management
- Revenue Enhancements; Hangars & Fuel Systems
- Signage, Lighting, Fencing & Gate Systems
- Site Design
- Stormwater Design & Construction/Industrial Permitting
- Sustainable Design
- Transportation & Parking Studies
- Wetland Mitigation
Because we offer a wide range of services, we can do even complicated projects in-house, including those requiring utility design, stormwater management, and environmental consulting and testing. We also have strong relationships with the Federal Aviation Administration, MDOT Office of Aeronautics, and EGLE and MDNR.
If you’d like to work with someone who can find creative solutions and help you get funding to make them possible, give us a call. We’d like to help.