Water Supply System
Holland Charter Township
In 1970, Prein&Newhof designed Holland Charter Township’s first metering station, transmission main, and storage tank. Since that time, the township’s population has tripled, and P&N has helped Holland serve new residents with reliable water service.
The current water system includes:
- A connection to the City of Wyoming transmission mains at four locations for reliability.
- Two booster/metering stations and two metering stations connected to the City of Wyoming transmission main, providing more than 20,000 gallons per minute.
- One ground storage and 5 elevated storage tanks providing a total storage capacity of 7.7 million gallons.
- Over 180 miles of water main within Township borders, and another 100 miles in adjacent townships.
- Two different pressure districts due to the topography within the Township.
By providing a good source for potable water and fire suppression, the water supply system helps facilitate the township’s growth. The water system is also a key component in expanding the township’s tax base through the development of industrial parks, commercial businesses, and a mixed variety of residential communities. The water supply not only serves Holland Charter Township, but also portions of Park Township and Zeeland Charter Township.
Prein&Newhof has assisted the township with many aspects of this system:
- Master Planning & Design
- Design of Pipes, Pump Station, Metering Stations, and Storage Tanks
- Preparing over 100 Special Assessment Districts
- Determining Connection Fees
- Assisting with Preparation of System Ordinances
- Performing System Reliability Studies
- Assisting in Construction Drawing Review
- Field Observation and Maintenance of Construction Records
- 136th Avenue Transmission Replacement (2010 and 2013)
- Riley Street Water Main Relocation (2011)
- Water Reliability Study Update (2010)
- Chicago Drive Water Main Replacement (2009)
- River Avenue Water Main Replacement (2009)
- Butternut Drive Water Main (2007)
Project Manager Ken Bosma, PE, (616) 394-0200