Grand Haven Spring Lake Sewer Authority – Headworks Building Project
Monday, August 5, 2019
Work completed since last update (7/15):
- Rise well, a portion of the grit chamber, and outlet channel were formed and poured (7/19)
- Fillets in wet well were poured (7/24)
- Footings for east side of headworks building formed and poured (7/24 – 7/26)
- Short support walls for the grit channel and grit dumpster rooms formed and poured (7/29)
- Local wet well pumps and piping installed, process piping in meter chamber and valve chamber are being assembled
- Progress on conduit near primary sludge building, and conduit inside activated sludge building
Anticipated work in August:
- Epoxy coat wet well
- Continue to install process piping and valves in valve and meter chambers
- Form and pour floor and channel walls
- Begin masonry construction for headworks building
- Form and pour transformer pad near primary sludge building
- Continue to run conduit in buildings and duct banks in yard
Monday, July 15, 2019
Work completed to date:
- Excavation of site, preparation of construction area for new Local Pump Station and Headworks Building (April – May 2019)
- The location of the new Local Pump Station and Headworks Building, prepped for excavation
- Slabs, walls, and decks for the Local Pump Station wet well and valve chamber, and meter chamber for the Headworks were formed and poured (May – June 2019)
- Remainder of 16” Spring Lake force main was installed—connecting to the new meter chamber (July 2nd)
- Rise well, grit chamber, and grit outlet channel base slabs were formed and poured (July 11th, 2019)
Anticipated work this month:
- Start process piping and valves in wet well, valve chamber, and meter chamber
- Install electrical duct banks in yard
- Form and pour grit chamber, rise well, and grit outlet channel walls
- Pour fillets in the Local Pump Station wet well
Prein&Newhof will have personnel in the field on behalf of the Grand Haven Spring Lake Sewer Authority.
Please contact Prein&Newhof if you have any questions whatsoever regarding construction, the design plans, or if there are any issues.
Project Manager: Nate Ver Heul, PE
(616) 432–6727 // Email
Contractor (general): Triangle Construction
Subcontractor (concrete): Van Laan Concrete
Subcontractor (electrical): Windemuller
Subcontractor (mechanical): Allied Mechanical
Subcontractor (earthwork): Jackson–Merkey Contractors
Construction is scheduled to last until June 2020.
All work and schedules are weather dependent.
Thank you very much for your patience and cooperation!