To encourage energy waste reduction, the Michigan Agency for Energy (MAE) is offering rebates for conversion to light-emitting diodes (LEDs).
There are two programs with money available for distribution:
- 2018 LED Streetlight Rebate Program
- 2018 LED Buildings (Public & Nonprofit) Interior and Exterior Lighting Rebate Program
MAE will match utility rebates up to 25 % of the total cost of the lighting replacements, with a maximum payment of $10,000 per applicant.
Rebates will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. May 1, 2018 is the last day to submit an application.
Applications will be reviewed by the Michigan Energy Office (MEO) within 30 days from their submittal. The MEO will verify that the lighting is installed (or accept utility verification). Approved projects will receive the rebate within 45 days.
- Must be a local municipality, K-12 public school, public university, or 501c(3).
- Must own the fixtures that are to be replaced.
- Must be registered in the State of Michigan’s Vendor System.
- Must use LED fixtures and be Design Lights Consortium (DLC) listed.
- Must have a utility rebate pre-approval letter.
- Must have proof of payment for LED lights installed.
If you’d like help with the application process, contact P&N Project Manager Jason Washler, PE at 616-364-8491.